Garden State Equality
Safe Schools & Anti-Bullying Program
2nd Annual “Equality Through Art” Contest
- The theme for 2019 is “Transformation: Tell Your Story”
- 9th- 12th grade students are permitted to submit a 1 page personal story or written work about the day-to-day experiences that helped make them the person they are today. Students can focus on experiences in their family, school, community, or country and the impact those experiences have had on making them a more aware, inclusive, and caring young person.
- All students must have a host teacher to submit their story.
- Submissions must be able to be sent via Google Form bit.ly/tellyourstory2019 to GSE’s Safe Schools Coordinator, Ashley Chiappano.
Submission Deadline and Winners:
- All submission must be sent by April 1st, 2019.
- Essays will be voted on by GSE staff and partners via social media.
- There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
- 1st place ($100 gift card), 2nd place ($50 gift), 3rd place ($25 gift).
Please complete form and send submissions to:
All students who submit an essay will be invited, along with their families, and host teacher to attend an event hosted by GSE and its partners!
If there is an issue submitting via Google Forms, please see reverse side and submit via mail to Ashley Chiappano, Safe Schools Coordinator, 1408 Main Street, Asbury Park, NJ 07712.
- April 01, 2019 at 12am – 11:53pm