Volunteers are the backbone of Garden State Equality’s grassroots work! Complete the form below to get started, and Garden State Equality will contact you after receiving your form. Questions? Email us at Contact@gardenstateequality.org or (973) GSE-LGBT.
GARDEN STATE EQUALITY SPRING / SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Garden State Equality is seeking part-time or full-time SPRING/ SUMMER interns(s) to work on outreach, communications, field organizing, and operations related items in our New Jersey main office. Garden State Equality is New Jersey’s largest civil rights organization. Since our founding in 2004, New Jersey has over 200 state, county and local LGBT laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research prospective donors
- Assist in maintaining donor and contributions database and spreadsheets
- Assist with fundraising and donor prospecting events as needed
- Assist with the development, research, writing, and editing of social media digital content.
- Special projects as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting LGBT equality and civil rights
- Prior experience working on field campaigns and party committees or progressive non-profits helpful, but not required
- Strong and demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office suite, (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and prior video editing experience is helpful, but not required
- Well-versed in internet research, with a solid understanding of social media
- Solid verbal, written, research and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Sense of humor, ability to have fun, and an interest in working within a high-performing team environment
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume and indicate if seeking academic credit to Patrick Lenahan lenahan@
*Travel stipend may be available
*This internship may qualify for academic consideration