Pink Prom, to be held on Friday, May 5, 2017 at the Hotel Tides, is a FUNDRAISING event where the community will have the chance to support local organizations. This year, for the 5th Annual Pink Prom, proceeds will benefit Garden State Equality.
Founded in 2004, Garden State Equality is New Jersey’s leading civil rights organization ensuring quality of life for the LGBT community through education, advocacy, service and support.
Pink Prom, to be held from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m., is a 21-and-over only event and will include the following:
• Passed hors d’oeuvres and buffet;
• Three complimentary spiked punch bowls, and cash bar available;
• Live entertainment by New Jersey Gay Men's Chorus;
• Dancing with DJ Mick Hale;
• Desserts provided by Confections of a Rock$tar;
• A local photographer to snap memorable prom photos of attendees;
• 2017 Prom King and Queen presentation;
• Complimentary swag bags and silent auction;
• Special commemorative book.
An after party will be held this year at Georgies Bar. There will be a special performance by Lady Marisa (Anthony Sabato) who will host a special award presentation. Awards will be given for "best drag," "best smile," "best dressed," "class clown," and "Miss Congeniality." Nominees will be determined at prom, and top 3 will be acknowledged at the after party for their chance to win. Free shuttle service will also be available to Georgies Bar and DJ Stanley Stylez will be dropping the beats.
Tickets go on sale Wednesday, March 1, 2017. The cost for tickets is $80 per person. Tickets are on sale at the Hotel Tides, located at 408 7th Ave. in Asbury Park from Wednesday-Sunday from 4pm-11pm; tickets are also available online at www.hoteltides.com.
Discounted rooms are available at the Hotel Tides for the weekend of this event when you mention promo code “prom”. Call for reservations at 732-897-7744.